Well hello, there folks, it’s the weekend, and I’m about to dive head-on into some work. But I’ve been chipping away at this list for a while, and I finally finished it. Mostly because I’ve been easily distracted lately, but also, 25 things is A LOT. Good luck to you, have some fun, enjoy yourself. And if you end up doing something that you can take a picture of, let me know! Tag #ConfidentYou #SugersConfidentYou or just @ me. Let’s do this thing!
25 things you can do to feel more confident!
- Sit up straight and walk tall, shoulders back, it’s all about posture people.
- Tidy up the area around you; you can’t feel good if life’s a mess, get to it.
- Laugh at something funny, big, with your mouth open.
- Do something nice and unexpected for someone else.
- Do something nice and unexpected for yourself too.
- Breathe deeply, and it’ll make you more calm and calm equals confident—sort of.
- If asked to give your opinion today, think about it genuinely and give it.
- Eat well by choosing whole foods; good choices make you feel good.
- Hug someone. Preferably someone you know but not necessarily.
- Decide on one thing you’d like to achieve this year and make a plan to achieve it.
- Sing loudly in the car because it’s fun. Headbanging at the lights helps too.
- Attempt something you’ve never done before with no expectation of doing it well.
- Drink more water, apparently not drinking enough can make you cranky. Good to know.
- Exercise, even if it’s a short walk or tricep dips on the couch, feel how strong and vital you are.
- Compliment a stranger, on their hair, their kids, their outfit. Whatever!
- Smile at yourself in the mirror. Notice how grumpy you usually look, how critical. Stop that!
- Take time out for yourself. 5 minutes if that’s all you can manage and breathe.
- Call someone you love that you haven’t spoken to for a while.
- Organise a dinner party or lunch, play hostess with the most-est and have some fun doing it.
- Wear something that makes you happy.
- Remind yourself of the things that make you awesome. Write them up somewhere you can see them.
- Whistle while you work. It’ll annoy other people, but it’s fun apparently. Right, Hubby? You whistling demon you!
- Stand up for yourself today, learn how it feels to stand strong.
- Dance in your living room, make sure it looks ridiculous.
- And finally, last but not least, pat yourself on the back just for being you, being awesome and reading this blog. CLEARLY, you have excellent taste. Great work, my friend. HAHA.
There you go. Whether you do them all or none of them, this would be a fabulous time to take on being more confident just for you. Do you have any tips for us? What makes you feel confident?
Happy days folks!
Hi! I’m Melissa Walker Horn. Around here, they call me Suger. I’m the Chief Blogger and doer of all the things here at Suger Coat It. Blogging since 1901; I love a casual ootd, taking photos, and writing about things that irk or inspire me. I love wine and cheese, long days at the beach and spending time with my family. I make stuff for the internet over at Chalkboard Digital. You know, living the sweet life.