Oh yeah, you read that right. Thermomix Pumpkin and Spinach Risotto. Be still my carb-loving heart. Pumpkin and spinach are my favourite combination of all time, and together in this Thermomix recipe for risotto, it’s a no-brainer. Cheesy and delicious, this is a must have family meal this winter. I made this size batch, and we are two meals in and still going. It would make an excellent side too for large groups. Let’s get started.
Serves 4-6 as a main meal, goodness knows how many as a side. Lots.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Half a small pumpkin diced into 2cm cubes
- 125gm Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 medium Onion
- 300gm Arborio Rice
- 50gm Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp (or clove) Garlic
- 1 Tsp Smoky Paprika
- 1 Tsp Saffron
- 1 Handful of Parsley
- 50g Olive Oil
- 100gm White Wine
- 1L of Chicken Stock
- 20gm Butter
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Place onion, garlic, herbs and spices into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 2-3 seconds on speed 7.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add oil and saute for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed one (cap off)
- Insert butterfly and add rice and wine to the bowl.
- Cook for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on Reverse + Soft speed.
- Add stock and half the pumpkin to the bowl, place the rest of the pumpkin in the bottom of the Veroma tray placing the spinach over the top.
- Cook for 22-25 minutes at 100 degrees, Reverse + Soft speed. Don’t remove the Veroma during cooking.
If you’ve cut your pumpkin any bigger than recommended, it may need a little pre-cooking zap in the microwave, so cut them up small ok?
- Remove the risotto from the bowl when cooked, stir in half the cheese as well as the butter, pumpkin and spinach from the Veroma and salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the dish to rest in a serving bowl for at least 10 minutes before serving with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Pin the images to save for later!
As far as Thermomix risottos go, you can pretty much alternate in whatever ingredients you want, whenever you want to. When I get sick of eating the mushroom risotto in the recipe book, I like to go online for inspiration and mix it up a bit. This post was proudly brought to you by pumpkins grown by my talented father and a love of all things spinach. What’s your favourite risotto flavour?
Chief Blogger at Suger Coat It; An Australian lifestyle blog for women who work for themselves. Melissa is a social media consultant & lover of stripes. Most weekends you’ll find her at the beach or home on the veranda kicking back. Around here, they call her Suger. Feel free to do the same.